Advertising on Google has many advantages. By subscribing to Google AdWords you can get your product’s advert to appear on the first page of specific search results to generate clicks to your website. This can lead to sales for your business. No matter what your budget is, you can display your advert on Google as you only pay when people click on your advert, and you can cap the amount you’re willing to spend each day.
Advertising and marketing agencies can analyse the competitiveness of keywords and set up a full Pay Per Click campaign for you. Or you can manage it yourself. But you need to make sure you’re getting value for money as there are different ways of measuring the results – some have more value than others so you need to know how to sieve through the jargon. Let Marketing Zone make it clear for you.
Glossary of terms
- Campaign – this sets out your daily budget, keywords, geographic area and the networks where your adverts are displayed.
- Ad Group – a group of ads within a Campaign that are focused on a set of specific keywords and key phrases.
- Click – if a customer sees your ad and clicks on it, this will lead them to your website. This Click will be recorded on your account and by monitoring this you can see the number of potential customers who have arrived at your website via your Google advert.
- Cost-per-click (CPC) – you only pay when someone clicks on your advert. You can have AdWords manage your CPC automatically, or you can choose to cap this to a limit.
- Impression – this monitors the amount of times your advert appears on a page, but this is only exposure, it is not valuable. A click is valuable.
- Click through rate – the number of clicks your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown as an impression. A keyword’s click through rate is a strong indicator of its relevance to the user and the overall success of the keyword.
So when it comes to paid for advertising, to measure the value for money you’re receiving you need to focus on the number of clicks, cost per click and click through rate. We can create a pay per click advertising campaign for your business, just get in touch.