Like any media channel, when you communicate on Twitter, make sure you have something interesting to say. For many businesses who have already grasped the importance of having a presence wherever their customers are, good intentions alone are not enough when it comes to tweeting. You need to be clear what you’ll tweet about – and what you won’t.
When deciding on the content to feature on Twitter ask yourself these 10 questions. From the answers you generate, you’ll have a pretty clear idea of what to tweet about:
- What your customers are interested in?
- What do they understand about your business?
- What they don’t know about your business – but should?
- What are customers saying?
- What is the competition saying?
- What are industry experts saying?
- What business developments will customers want to know about?
- What annual events impact customers’ lives?
- What questions would you like customers to answer?
- What resources do you have that your customers would find helpful?
For inspiration you can check out what topics are trending on twitter or follow the comments made for a specific topic hashtag, such as #marketingtips.