Plugins add capabilities to your website. From rotating graphics and search engine optimisation features, to contact forms and security areas, these functions are controlled by plugins that a Web Developer adds to your website.
These are the plugins Marketing Zone rates in our top 10:
- Promotion Slider – an effective way to add movement to your website and promote products through a sliding panel of graphics. You can add a title and copy to your image so it’s great for promoting your products. It can be integrated anywhere on your website but is most often used on the home page.
- Contact Form 7 – a really useful form that you can customise to suit your business. It’s great for combining multiple forms for different options, such as customers requesting a quote or submitting an enquiry.
- All in One SEO Pack – this clever plugin guides you on how to search engine optimise your website using titles, descriptions and keywords.
- Google XML Sitemaps – this plugin automatically generates a high-performing XML sitemap which helps search engines index your website which improves your Google rankings.
- AddThis Social Bookmarking – a suite of buttons to encourage customers to share your content to the most popular social networking and bookmarking sites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Slideshare.
- reCAPTCHA Login – you’ll have seen the images of distorted text at the bottom of forms. Only people (not robots) can read this text, so it helps eliminate spam.
- WordPress reCAPTCHA – this CAPTCHA forms integrates well with WordPress websites and reduces the risk of spammers disrupting your site.
- Really Simple Captcha – works with other plugins, such as contact forms, to stop spam taking up your time.
- The Events Calendar – with this tool you can clearly display your events on your website. With clear designs, search facilities and integration with Google Maps, it’s a great tool to get your events seen.
- Widget context – this flexible plugin lets you show or hide widgets on certain pages of your website. So, for example, you can control whether an RSS feed or menu appears on your home page or just on a news page.