Worldometers will give you the number of blog posts written in just one day via their live feed. It was a staggering 3,345,000 when I last looked.
So what makes blogging such a useful marketing tool?
Here are 5 important benefits
- Blogging drives traffic to your website, because your website now holds more relevant content which search engines will index and use when responding to searches. Using keywords can help too.
- Your blog positions your company and people as an authority, adding credibility and strength to your brand because you are providing more in depth and up to the minute information..
- By blogging you are generously sharing views and news with potential customers and this generosity helps to build their trust – a case of giving to get back.
- Blog posts improve conversion by linking to your products or services, and having a call to action with each blog. It gives potential customers a clear nudge in the direction of what they should do next.
- Blogging turns your everyday activity into an asset as by providing rich and engaging content you’re building long term customer interest and future sales.
But there’s even more you can do besides.
We helped a fashion accessories client to use their blog to create partnerships, extend their reach to a host of fashion bloggers who would then blog about the products, attract high credibility guest bloggers and create a celebrity buzz.
And we’ve written a regular news blog for a professional association that provides them with a central hub for sharing information, speaker presentation material and member case studies – all integrated with Twitter.
For help to scope out and create your blog – or for support to generate regular content to keep your blog fresh – just speak to Mark at Marketing Zone on 07801 419800, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @MarketingZoneUK.